- AFS has two main product lines, Static cast and Spin cast
- In January 2014, Advanced Foundry Services SAS took over from Åkers Group which had been running it since 1998.
- The company specializes in the manufacture of rolling mill rolls with technical expertise and a quality standards recognized by it’s customer base.
- AFS is in control of the complete manufacturing process: Melting, Molding, Casting, Shot blasting, Heat treatment and Machining
AFS SPIN CAST
- 5 induction furnaces : 1 x 4.5 tons, 1 x 5 tons, 2 x 23 tons and 1 x 33 tons.
- 1 vertical spin casting machine (fully automated) Maximum speed : 600 rotations per minute Finish products dimensions : diameter from 575 to 1 250 mm Maximum length of the roll barrel : 4 meters
- 10 heat treatment furnaces (all computer-controlled)
- 1 sand mixer of 25 tons per hour capacity
- 1 blasting machine
- Rolls dimensions : Maximum length : 7,500 mm. - Barrel diameter : 575 to 1,250 mm. - Weight range : between 5 and 30 tons.
- Grade type: Indefinite chilled. - Steel and graphitic steel. - High Chromium cast iron. - HSS and 1⁄2 HSS. - High Chromium steel.
AFS STATIC CAST
- Trumpets -used when manufacturing bottom pouring steel ingots.
- Slag Pots - manufactured in lamellar or nodular cast iron.
- Ingot moulds and base plates -produce high quality steel ingot moulds thanks to more than 20 years of experience
- Dryer rolls - hollow rolls are used in many industries such as : Paper industry, Food industry, Rubber industry and Plastic industry
- Shells - cast iron moulds used for roll production
- Staves coolers - utilized on blast furnace cooling system
AFS QUALITY ISO 9001 CERTIFIED
- Molding: Sand characteristics, raw materials and mould lining controls.
- Melting: Temperature, weight, chemical analysis and thermal analysis.
- Casting: Spin casting machine speed, temperatures, weight and filling rate
- Heat treatment : Temperatures, hardness and structure controls.
- Internal quality : Bonding, thickness and core health controls.
- Metal structure : Barrel, core and bonding quality controls.
- Hardness : Core and barrel hardness controls.
- Geometric control: drawing review
- Thyssen Krupp.
- Essar Steel.
- JSW Steel Ltd.
- Bhushan Steel Ltd.
- CSN (Brazil)
- Ispat Inland (USA)
- Jindal (India)
- Voest Alpine...
- Tata Steel Ltd.